Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sweetness

Having a super treat at the Co-op. A hot chocolate and his favorite Molasses Cookie.
Stan B's language has been skyrocketing lately and he says the sweetest things!

Here he is eating frozen peas.
Just last night I was sitting on the couch when he climbed up on the ottoman in front of me and said, "Mama, I scared. I need snuggles, there's a dinosaur." How can you resist that?!
Playing Peek-a-Boo in the tub

We were walking down the street yesterday when he saw a man coming up the sidewalk behind us. Stan B stopped and then suddenly turned around and said to the guy, "Peek-a-Boo!" It scared the crap out of ME.

Every night when I tuck him in I tell him good night and that I love him. Last week, for the first time he said back, "I wuv you!" and then the night after that he said it before I even said it. He even goes through the entire household: I wuv Papa. I wuv Mama. I wuv Dickie. I wuv Stanley!

Having a smoothie at the Co-op
When I was sick and couch-bound last week I said to Stan B when he woke from his nap, "Would you like a smoothie?" He climbed off the couch, turned to look at me, put up his hand and said with earnest, "Stay there, Mama. I make it. Stay right there." And then he ran to the kitchen and flung open the fridge. My heart melted.

1 comment:

  1. My heart melted too.......I love his new conversation skills to boot!!!!

    ReplyDelete