Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Bear Talk


We were getting into the car at daycare and his friend Emma's mom pulled into the spot next to us just as I heard a siren in the distance.
Me: I hear a siren.
Bear: I hear it!
Me: It's an ambulance, look!
Bear: An ambulance! (pause) That's Emma's Mama. (pause) That's not an ambulance that's an Emmalance.


Here is an email that Mike sent me one morning: 

So we’re sitting at the breakfast table, sun shining, peaceful, quiet…
Bear: (after a long thoughtful look) “ I hear something.”
Mike: (straining to hear anything interesting) “What do you hear?”
Bear: (long pause, quiet voice) “I hear trees”
Mike: “What sound does a tree make?
Bear: (grinning) “Nothing!”
I crack up; he proclaims, “That’s funny!” and it really was.


Elephant = Elfanant


Me: Do you have poop in your diaper?
Bear: No. Just pee and farts.
hahahahahha!


Me: You need to calm down. You are being wild.
Bear: I'm not widle. I'm just gentle.


Bear: Mama, come here! I have a surprise!
Me: (I enter the bathroom)
Bear: Stands up and says, Tada! Poop! And points to his poop.


Bear: Mama! Come here! I have a surprise!
Me: (I enter the bathroom) Yes, what is it.
Bear: Stands up, points to his poop and says, "It's a snake!"

HAHAHHA.





3 comments:

  1. This right here is why I decided to have a kid. Toddlers say the best things!!!

    Ok, so maybe there were a few more reasons that went into our decision to procreate, but still. The things kids say is right at the top of my list ;)

    I can't wait until Arlo starts saying more than "mama" and the other few things he actually says. He babbles so much I'm pretty sure he's going to be quite the chatterbox :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kendra, It is sooo much fun. I need to carry an audio recorder around with me!

      Delete