Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Uncle Klindt and the Cousins

Uncle K and Auntie J playing "Fly into the kisses!" or something

I am so sad that I didn't get more Uncle K pictures. Probably because he and Jen were so good at sweeping the boy from me so I could eat lunch, relax, read my book, be Bear-free.  Stan Bear wasn't sure about him at first but eventually warmed up to the UnKle. How could he not? Butterflies would rest on his head and hang on while the boat was going 50 miles an hour:
UnKle the butterfly whisperer.

And the cousins. When he first laid eyes on Lucy he smiled and then reached out to hug her. Her dimple almost swallowed him whole:

He almost had the same reaction with Henry. Not as dramatic (I think he's a little wary of boys and men) but he had quite the time in the lake with shark-Henry swimming up and surprising him. It was a time full of laughter and surprise! and Henry was ever the gentleman filling up Stan Bear's bucket with water and letting him destroy his sand piles:
I think Stan Bear is envious of Cousin H's long locks.
Here are the cousins (with Auntie J and the Bear) making a watering hole (Pend O'Reille Soup?) at City Beach:
It was so great to finally introduce the Bear to this branch of the family tree. We can't wait to see you all again!

P.S. Stan Bear did meet Auntie J back in March, in California. Check that out here and here.

1 comment:

  1. Their whole family are SO good with Stanley. I love that you got the Butterfly Whisperer's photo.

    ReplyDelete