Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Birthplace, No. 4

Number 4:

THE BIRDS

I remember when we first moved to Chapel Hill from Albuquerque (where nothing is alive it seems) and I was amazed by the birds in the morning. They are sooooo loud! I did get used to it and I love them now, more than ever, especially because they are my companions in the morning when I'm up at the crack of dawn with my very own Early Bird Bear. I actually wrote about it in my second post on this here blog! I don't have any good pictures of the birds but I put the camera on the porch yesterday morning at precisely 5:58 am and let it record for 30 minutes. I took many 5 sec snippets from the entire video and sloppily stitched them together for a short minute and a half video. It's a pretty dull  and not well positioned (it was pitch black when I first put it out there!) but you can listen to the millions of birds chirping between 6-6:30 am. These days I hear the first bird chirp around 5:50 thereabouts. Who knows what the Idaho birds will sing to us - I am looking forward to hearing them sing but I will miss the cacophony of the Chapel Hill Bird Choir in my backyard. Have a listen (and a watch): 

birds from erin kawamata on Vimeo.


And here is a cute picture of him in the front yard...look at those locks!

I thought I would, for our Bear cub, write a post a week documenting something that I associate with his birthplace, Chapel Hill. You can see the first two here, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment