Thursday, October 23, 2014

Autumn Garden


Making rows for our seeds
We started a garden back in August (I hope I didn't plant too late!) We planted two types of lettuce and snow peas.  Stan B enjoyed helping me dig and sow seeds.

Our lettuce and snow peas popping up!
He helps me water the garden on days that it doesn't rain. He has even helped me weed. He knows the difference between the lettuce and snow peas and the weeds. It's neat that he picked up on that rather quickly. 

There is still a patch of dirt that he can play around in behind the garden but I still have to remind him not to step on the lettuce. He is pretty good about it the majority of time.
Making a mud pit
 And completely muddy:

Once the peas started looking for something to grab on to I built this trellis. I hope it holds up. So far, so good:



The snow peas are now up to my knees and the lettuce is probably 6 inches high. So, I think we are doing pretty good, although we are cutting it close. I don't have any pictures handy but will post some soon!

Also, back in June when my Dad was here helping us settle in we bought some green onions at the store. Once we used them my Dad kept the white root parts and put them in water for a day or two and then planted them in the ground out back. They sprouted into wonderful and big green onions again, look! 
I cut these and did the same thing and planted them back in the ground and they are growing again! It's amazing!

1 comment:

  1. You both are amazing gardeners!! I love Stan B's smiles.

    ReplyDelete