Friday, December 6, 2013

Second Thanksgiving

Here he is attempting to use the chopsticks.
It was just the three of us and so we had Japanese food for Thanksgiving because we both LOVE. Mike did all the cooking. Yay for me! He made gyoza, sushi, (the one thing I did do was roll up rice in nori for the boy as we are not ready to give him raw fish yet), steamed green beans, and soup noodles with shredded pork and mustard greens (which Mike is trying to perfect to copy my favorite soup noodle bowl from the Taiwan Restaurant in San Francisco.)
I was truly impressed with Aki Bear's chopstick skills. Above is his first attempt (dull side down! close but no cigars!) Look at his concentration! Then he got the right end down and BOOM stabbed the roll:

And even managed to get it in his mouth! 

Here is a detail of part of our feast. Mike warmed the sake in Aki Bear's bottle warmer again! Ha!


Here is a detail of his technique:

 For his dessert I blended frozen watermelon with orange juice...he was in brain freeze heaven:

It was this time last year that he was trying his very first solid food, a sweet potato! My! Time flies!


No comments:

Post a Comment