Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Neighborhood

 Before the Bear started daycare we were walking around the neighborhood and we came upon this:

I had heard of these but never have seen them! I was so excited! It's just in front of this person's house. You can take books and give books. We got a great little children's book on soccer from this one. Since then I've discovered 2 other Little Free Library's in our neck of the woods.

We have lots of cats in our neighborhood too. Here is one of the neighbor's cats that Stan B tries to pet. Stan B would run to it and it would get spooked and run from him. So I told him to walk up to it slowly and gently extend his arms out to the cat. This is what he did: 


Ha! There are two girls (maybe 1st and 2nd grade?) who live across the street and Stan B really likes them. We don't play with them much but if they are out and we are out they usually come to our yard and Stan B puts on his charms:


Haha! 

3 comments:

  1. I love these little free libraries!! I totally have plans to start one when we move to more of a true neighborhood. So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a cool idea these libraries are!!
      Stan is so cute extending his arms towards the cat. Did the cat wait for him?

      Delete
    2. Kendra, I would love to have one too!
      Mom, I think the cat stayed for him, it was so long ago, I don't remember!

      Delete