Friday, November 28, 2014

Play Moulds

Stan B loves his play dough! Uncle Sean's girlfriend, Nancy, makes this amazing mix...you just have to add water and oil and heat it up over the stove. It makes the loveliest play dough on earth. I made another batch from scratch and it wasn't as good as hers but it was still very nice.

Anyhoo, he went through a stage of asking me to make him tunnels. He would drive his trucks through.

When his hand would go all the way through I would say, "Now it's a bracelet!" So then he'd want me to make him bracelets.


These tunnel-bracelets would also become bridges as he would drive trucks on top of the now wobbly bridge:
 

Here he is wearing play dough earmuffs:


This is the play dough I made! He uses corks, and mini animals along with the dough.
He loves to practice cutting the play dough with a knife. He'll ask me to make balls the size of apples and he'll pretend to peel them. I'll make him carrot shapes and he'll cut them. He's really into cutting things.
He is also really into making boats and putting all his animals in there...and sometimes his trucks.
I also make them food bowls and pillows upon request (the giraffe is napping)

I also made this strange stuff which some people call fluffy stuff or foam dough. I got the recipe here. It's super easy to make. Stan B liked it but it was SOOOO messy. I'll probably never make it again.




Finally, I bought some stuff called Kinetic Sand...it is strange and really amazing. It's a little messy but not as messy as the fluffy stuff. Stan B loves it. I think you can make it with mineral oil and flour...but I haven't tried it yet. I will try and report back.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment