Friday, January 11, 2013

Paternity Leave


While I was on my Maternity leave one of Mike's students asked him if he was going to be taking Paternity leave. I think the student was half serious but it dusted off a previously hidden door in Mike's brain and he asked the secretary if the University granted paternity leave. The secretary wasn't sure but gave him a phone number to call and he called it and that previously hidden door was now open and led him to a full paid semester of PATERNITY LEAVE!!! This leave is better than what I received! So, Mike will have the Spring Semester off to spend time with Stanley, clean house, and make art. I will take some before (and hopefully) after pictures of the craziness that is the contents of our house. We both really want to simplify our lives and starting with the contents of our home is the best place to start. Please send Mike some good cleaning-house-energy as I think he may need it in order to part from much of his "stuff". Although the fact that Aki Bear will be crawling soon is incentive enough.

1 comment: