Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Owies

The Bear took a spill on our last day in Maryland. I was taking something out to the car and he was following me outside. He tumbled off the little stoop and got two big scrapes on his nose and some little ones too, plus a bloody top lip. He had a pretty gnarly looking nose for a week.

Then, the weekend after Christmas, he was on his little push truck going down the hill (and he goes pretty fast). I was running after him and he hit the edge of the road/grassy median and flew off of his truck and got a little cut (half a centimeter) at the outside corner of his right eye.

Then two days later he was climbing into his red wagon on one of our walks and, boom, his bottom lip hit one of the seats for another bloody lip.

That is three...so I think we're done with cuts and scrapes for awhile (fingers crossed.)

2 comments:

  1. I was always so worried about seeing the doctor when our kids were covered in scrapes and bruises. Figured she might think I was neglectful or a bad mom. She told me she would be more concerned about the toddler that had none. It showed her that kids were exploring their world. Glad to see you are letting Stanley experience everything around him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, yes! I felt that way every time I'd take him into daycare. They'd say, "What happened, Stanley?" and I'd over explain, thinking they were judging me for being neglectful or something. Haha. I told that to Mike and he said basically the same thing as your doctor said! Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way!

      Delete