Friday, January 3, 2014

Very Observant

Here he is pulling the wagon for the first time after being pulled by me for the last year or so.
He will do everything that we will do because he has observed us.

While at Auntie Sue's house he spilled his cereal milk on the table. I wiped it up with paper towels but he wanted to help clean up so I let him. When he was done he climbed out of his seat with soiled paper towel in hand walked over to the cabinet where the trash can dwells, opened it and placed the towel in there. We had only been there for 2 days and he knew where to put trash! It was amazing.

In the morning, I'll use the restroom. He'll go and pull off a long piece of toilet paper (I will usually have to stop it and tear it for him) and he'll put the toilet paper behind me (as if to wipe me!) but put it in the toilet bowl. When I stand up he will flush the toilet and then put the toilet seat cover down.

When we first wake up in the morning he will pull the nightlight out in the hallway and put it on the shelf (which I always do.)

He wants to shut every door, so I let him. (Refrigerator, freezer, front door, bathroom door, bedroom door, car door).

He'll unplug the tub and put the plug up on the faucet (which he has seen me do).

The other evening when he was finished eating dinner he got down from the table and then pointed at the bowl (which had a small amount of food left). I thought to myself, "But you didn't want anymore food!" He insisted that I give him the bowl - there was some serious whining/frustration. I gave it to him but held onto it because I feared he was going to dump it on the floor. He pushed my hand away, so I let go. He then proceeded to walk over to the trash can and dump the food in (bowl and fork accidently went with it). He just wanted to do what we do. (I still wish we had a dog for clean up.)

It's really amazing how observant he is.

2 comments:

  1. He is amazing!!!!!!!!!!
    What a character...Does he watch Mike go to the toilet? If so, maybe he will train himself to do that too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he does watch mike pee. we even have a little training toilet that i have not set up yet. i should probably do that soon!

      Delete