Friday, February 28, 2014

Funny Things He Does

Trying on his swim goggles.
One of my favorite things that Stan B does now is point at things and say "Mama" or "Papa" - depending on who uses it or who it belongs too. He will point at my car and say, "Mama!" He will point at Mike's car and say, "Papa!" It cracked me up when he pointed at a beer bottle and said, "Papa!" He'll point at certain mugs and say Mama or Papa too. Most recently while we were putting away dishes he grabbed a medium sized bowl, one that I primarily use and he said, "Mama!" Then he grabbed one of the large bowls and said, "Papa!" He did the same thing for plates. It was a very Goldilocks and the Three Bears moment. It made me realize that I am actually working on my portion control! (I've started Weight Watchers again, but not doing a very good job on watching what I eat although I have started exercising!)
Reading/listening to Uncle Sean read him a book! (It's a recordable book!)

The other day I was going to go for a run while pushing the Bear in the jogger stroller and I said to him, "Will you bring me my running shoes?" I had no clue if he'd bring me the right shoes, but he did! He brought me my runners! I was amazed.
Eating snow.

The other night I was cooking him dinner and I said, "Do you want broccoli too?" He ran to the fridge, used all his muster to open it, then opened the bottom drawer and pulled out the broccoli. He also pulled out the carrots. I was flabbergasted! He can also say broccoli now. It sounds like he's saying "Bali". He loves that stuff.

Flossing.

When I say, "Will you help me feed kitty?" He'll pick up her wet food bowl and hold it out for me while I put food in her bowl!

Trying on Tuka's hat.
More and more often when he needs his diaper changed he'll lie down on the floor and pat his belly. The sign for diaper is patting the front/side of your hip.
Throwing bark and rocks in the Eno River with Auntie C.

When I use the restroom he will say, "Pee!" and insist on sitting on the toilet. So I let him do that. I am not forcing potty training on him yet but am encouraging him when he asks...I'm trying to make it a positive activity. Even if he happens to pee on the floor I try not to yell at him, instead I try to say something like, "You peed. Next time you feel like you need to pee let's do it in the toilet." He usually will say, "Uh-oh!" when he accidentally pees on the floor. Yes, he goes nude after bathtime a lot. The other day in the bath, he was standing, and he pointed down and said, "Pee!" I looked down and one second later he started peeing. So, he knows when it's coming. He'll say pee when he's in his diaper too. I assume he is about to pee or peeing. Several times I have taken him to the toilet when he says pee so he can practice doing that and put 2 and 2 together. He has not yet peed in the toilet and that's o.k. although I'd prefer that over the floor.

3 comments:

  1. SO much to comment on...I loved the variety of things you posted...He is so aware...I am so amazed...I think someday he will love reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly love reading it Harriet... and I know you do too.
    It really is a record of an unraveling mystery!
    Love you E xxx

    ReplyDelete