Monday, February 3, 2014

Good Parenting

Here we are in the snow! It snowed last week! And the Bear went sledding for the very first time!
One of my favorite blogs is Teacher Tom (he's a preschool teacher in the Seattle area). He always has such wisdom to share. He shared a Mister Rogers quote on good parenting the other day. You can read the entire quote on his blog here. It was such good timing as I was talking about my parenting insecurities when I wrote the post "Parenting Improv".

Here is part of the Mister Rogers quote:

"...But one of the most important gifts a parent can give a child is the gift of accepting that child's uniqueness." ~Mister Rogers

I love the entire quote and it really makes me think about why I react the way I do in certain situations. It's mostly because of my insecurities as a parent (and a person). This will be a good thing for me to work on; to become more confident and to realize that he is a unique human who is quite different than me but that I can accept him and nurture him with love and respect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment