Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Eczema

Our pediatrician said that the rash around Stan B's mouth is eczema. You can see it fairly well in the pic below:
If his cuteness is too distracting I made this ugly, saturated image with arrows pointing at the reddest parts of the rash so that you can see it better:
Some days it's worse than others, I don't know why. They say (the interwebs) that it could be due to an allergic reaction or simply the change in the weather. It started in the middle of winter so, I'm thinking it has to do with the weather and all of his runny noses. I think we could get him steroids to help get rid of it but it doesn't seem to bother him at all. I have been putting All Good Goop by Elemental Herbs(which we also use as a diaper ointment) and coconut oil on it to see if either of those help. I really hope it's not an allergic reaction to something. Hopefully the weather will warm up and stay consistent (come on Mother Nature!!!) so we can see if it's due to the wintery weather.

3 comments:

  1. You might try cetaphil soap and cetaphil lotion. If you have the energy you could write down what he eats and drinks each day and what you do also. I think it is about 24 hours for most reactions but I'm not sure about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, mama. did i have eczema as a child? they say it's hereditary. when you say it is about 24 hours for most reactions do you mean that's when they pop up, within 24 hours of eating something? i will ask miss shirley at daycare if they are giving him milk to drink...

      Delete
    2. Sean had exzema on his arms. I don't think you did. Yes, most reactions happen a day after....unless they are super allergic. You can ask your doctor about this though as I could be wrong.

      Delete