Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Bear Talk


One day I was looking at my phone and a picture of my friend Rachel was on the screen.
Bear: Who's that, Mama?
Me: Rachel.
Bear: That's not Rachel. (He has a teacher at school also named Rachel)
Me: Her name is Rachel too. There are many people in this world that have the same name. Do you know what Tuka's name is? It's Stanley...and you're Stanley too.
Bear: Big smile.

A week or so later he runs to me and exclaims,
"I'm Stanley, Tuka's Stanley. We match!"

__________________________________


Our favorite argument (plus learning pronouns!):
We're at the breakfast or lunch or dinner table and he points to his plate.
Bear: Mine. (and then points to my plate) Yours.
Me: (I point to my plate) Mine. (and then point to his plate) Yours.
Bear: No, Mine. Yours.
Me: MINE. Yours.
Bear: (laughing now.) Mine! Yours!

______________________________

Bear pulls his diaper off and one of the tabs rips.
Bear: Dangit.
Me: Please don't say dangit.
Bear: Papa says dangit!
<BUSTED>

____________


Me: Goodnight, sweet boy!
Bear: Goodnight, sweet Mama!
Me: I love you!
Bear: I love you!
Me: Sweet dreams (smooch smooch smooch)
Bear: Sweet dreams (smooch smooch smooch)

_____________________________________

We have a traditional statue of the Buddha and also a belly laughing Buddha. One evening the Bear saw the belly laughing Buddha for the first time.
Bear: Who's that?
Me: Buddha.
Bear: Buddha?
Me: Yes.
He then grabs the belly laughing Buddha, runs to my bedroom grabs the traditional Buddha and puts them side by side.
Bear: (points at the belly laughing Buddha) Funny Buddha. (points at the traditional Buddha) Good Buddha.

________

One morning he is putting on his hat with a chin strap (above picture) and he is having trouble with the chin strap.
Bear: I need help with the beard, Mama!

_________________________________

1 comment: