Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mother's Day Deconstructed

This was my second official Mother's Day but it felt like my first because I received a bouquet from Stan B, thanks to daycare. It was a styrofoam cup that said in sharpie marker: "To: Mom, Love: Stanley"
When we got home I was carrying my bouquet and our bags into the house and he pointed at the bouquet and said, "MINE!" I told him that it actually was mine and I thanked him for it again but he didn't care. So I handed it to him and he proceeded to fill it up with more dirt.
 Then he grabbed his favorite truck and put the bouquet in it and pushed it to the road. I thought, "How cute. This is sweet."
 Then he dumped it...and then turned the cup upside down and everything came out.
 I asked him to scoop it all up and put it back together. He did....
 ...and then he didn't.
There he is at the top of the frame with his truck...and the bouquet at the bottom of the frame.
I ended up scooping it up and putting it in the cup before I went inside. I salvaged the one non-living flower (made of crepe paper) but the rest of it will end up in the woods (cup in trash.)

No comments:

Post a Comment