Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Birthplace, No. 5

Number Five:

THE LIGHT
I think that every place has a special light and I'm sure there is a golden evening-time light everywhere in the world but for some reason it is extra-super-magical here; it's like everything is glowing in golden pixie dust. I think it's at it's height in spring, especially after a long, cold and dark winter. The bright new green of spring in combination with the light is especially gorgeous but the dry, red, fallen pine needles look pretty great basking in the glow of the light too:

The tall Loblolly Pine looks regal in this light:

Even junky, plastic toys look warm and cozy in this light:

And I had to include a pic of the Bear (that's the real reason why you all show up here in the first place.) Here he is helping me (un)pot plants. I saw some old mint popping up in the old garden plot (boy is mint hearty!) so we potted (and unpotted) some of those plants for a friend and also for us (I'm going to take some mint and oregano from the garden with us to Idaho and see how it does.) I think we'll pull up some thyme too. This is pre-golden hour but it is still gorgeous...the boy doesn't hurt the picture frame one bit:


I thought I would, for our Bear cub, write a post a week documenting something that I associate with his birthplace, Chapel Hill. You can see the first two here, here, here, and here.

2 comments: