Monday, May 26, 2014

The Zoo


If only giving birth to him were as easy as cracking an egg.
Each weekend I've been trying to do something in our area that I've been meaning to do with the Bear and several weekends ago we went to the Asheboro Zoo. I don't think I've been to a Zoo since the late 90s...it was a zoo in Australia...so it was super cool. Anyhoo. It was huge. It was split up into two sections: North America and Africa. We did Africa first. I was impressed with the giraffes and zebras...what gorgeous animals! The giraffes were so graceful.

I think Stan B's favorite were the gorillas. There were baby gorillas too! He probably could have watched them all day:
Watching the gorillas.
Since I've been doing this exploration of our area each weekend I'm learning a lot about myself really. I wish I would have done this kind of thing when I first moved here. I feel like I'm enjoying my weekends more. I feel like I am making better friends with people. I want to carry this goal over to Idaho...maybe not every weekend but more often than I did here to start with!

1 comment:

  1. What are you learning about yourself....Idaho, here comes Erin the explorer!

    ReplyDelete