Sunday, September 2, 2012

Baby Monitor



So, you would think I would use a baby monitor to help me with my "I hear crying all the time" problem. Well, we have one, and it's great. It's a Sony BabyCall nursery monitor. We used it a lot when my parents were here and we would sit down for dinner but haven't used it regularly since. I feel like our house is small enough that I can here him make noises from the opposite end of the house. Where I find it extra handy is when Mike is out and I am dying to take a shower. I will bring it in the bathroom with me just in case he starts wailing...which has happened twice now and I have to do a quick rinse and towel up and rock him back to sleep while I still have water dripping from my elbows. Now, when I hop into the shower, I quickly wash my hair because rocking him back to sleep with soapy hair doesn't sound like fun. I prioritize what I wash and I'm fast. So, this is a good water saver: put baby down to sleep and shower quickly. He almost never goes down solid on the first try; it takes a bit more coaxing and rocking and singing.

If you want a basic monitor this one is great. I haven't ventured outside with it but I assume it would work great if I went out and did some gardening as well. I can clip it onto my belt. I can even hear him moving. Someone recommended a video nursery monitor so that I can watch his every move but I feel like that's what I'd do, watch his every move and I'd rather let him rest in peace with out big brother Mama watching over him. Although I will miss out on funny instances like these:
This is from my friend Jenn's baby monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment