Thursday, September 13, 2012

In Love

You know you're in love when you can't stop thinking about him. You catch yourself looking at the pictures you just took of him on your camera over and over again. While he's sleeping, you look in on him and watch him dream and breathe. You see his bouncy chair or item of clothing and smile. You know it's love when you smile at him and he smiles back and your heart takes flight.

Many of my friends who  have paved the parenting way for me said to take advantage of this time and cuddle with him as much as possible. That this early part goes by so quickly and that you must remember to relish in the cuddles. It's true. He's tiny and only tiny this one time. He's growing so quickly. Each morning when I see him in the sun's light there's always something different about him. Maybe his hair grew 1/16 of an inch. Maybe his movements are smoother - more coordinated. Maybe it's just a look in his eyes - like he knows something new.

As challenging as it is it's also simply amazing. There are days that I am so exhausted and then he'll smile at me and I can't help but smile back and talk to him; he energizes me. I look at him and can't believe I carried him with me for 9 months. Mike and I made him. I have a SON. That's also a funny thing to say, which I'm sure I'll get used to - that and calling myself a mother.

I may not post anything for a couple of days after this because our computer is down plus the Grand P's are in town!

3 comments:

  1. So true! How is it possible for one little human being to completely take over your entire life? Being a Mom is pretty awesome though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying. Once again, I'm crying over your moments because they're the brightest ones I've felt in my own life and I'm so happy you are having them too. These small moments are pure perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin...you said it so well...I love your bonding.

      Delete