Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mama's Saliva Makes You Stronger

Here he is eating a sand covered shell.

They say that first time parents are usually more careful about germs...dropped pacifier means washing it immediately under hot water before giving it back to baby. Mike and I are different. I don't know if it's because we're older first-timers or if we live the "germs will make you stronger" philosophy - maybe it's both - or maybe we're just lazy...if that's so then I blame it(the laziness) on us being older...we're tired and can't waste energy walking to the sink (ha!) We've always given the paci right back to Stan Bear(unless there was a dust bunny attached to it - in that case I'd pull off the dust bunny, stick the pacifier in my mouth to rid it of any residual bunny dust and then hand it back to him.) We're that way with dropped spoons, bottles, food and toys. So far he's still alive and well...of course he's been sick and had ear infections and most recently, pneumonia, but hopefully he's just building up a strong immune system. And looky here an article that supports the sucking of your child's pacifier to clean it it apparently helps with allergies and immunity. No big surprise here - but I like that they did a study on it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I was a germ freak...not so much anymore. Anything to build up the immune system, I'm all for it.

    ReplyDelete