Sunday, January 29, 2012

What I've Learned About Pregnancy that No One Has Told Me

Monday, December 5, 2011 = Here are some things I’ve learned about pregnancy that no one has ever told me:
1) It feels like the little fruit is like an alien sucking all the nutrients it can from you - therefore making you tired and hungry all the time. I feel like I can feel/hear the sucking sound.
2) Anxiety. I am anxious about the baby’s health. I hope that having the blood test and the ultrasound will ease my mind about this and let me be less worried/stressed about it all and enjoy this time!
3) This is for people who don’t want to announce their pregnancy until after or around the 12th week. Don’t tell people that you are planning on making a baby. Those same people will ask you, “Are you pregnant yet?” and if you are keeping it quiet until the 3rd month, man oh man, is it horrible to either lie or skirt around the answer. So, one, never tell people you’re planning (except for your midwife) and two, never, no matter how big and pregnant a woman looks, ask her if she is pregnant. It’s inappropriate.
4) I didn't think it was possible to eat this much. I eat 2 breakfasts and 2 lunches.
5) Your ribs get sore from the baby growing and your belly button gets sore too.
6) There are more and I cannot think of them right now. But I will keep this list an ongoing one!


One and a half weeks more until the ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment