Friday, April 19, 2013

Breastfeeding at 9 Months

Nursing the Bear at Seabright Beach in Santa Cruz, CA.
I'm still breastfeeding the Bear and he has 8 teeth now (four on the top and four on the bottom). It seems that every time he gets a new pair of teeth we go through a bit of nipple tenderness (ha! not we, just me.) I think it's because he's getting used to these new inhabitants in his mouth and my poor nips get to pay the price. This last time was the worst; there were visible skin abrasions at the base of the nipple on the areola. Thankfully it was only 1.5 to 2 days of slightly painful nursing. Now I'm all tough and callous-y. Aki Bear seems to still like breastfeeding but he seems to be losing interest in the bottle and way more interest in the food that Mike and I are eating (we fed him what we ate for dinner last night which was a crock-pot surprise (as we like to call it.) It was a chicken curry with potatoes and carrots and onions. The great thing about the crock pot is that it gets the meat really tender and the veggies really mashable(if you cook it long enough.) The Bear LOVED it. Well, at first he gave me a funny "new-taste-expression" but then he inhaled the food. Yay! I will continue nursing him...my goal is to nurse him for at least a year (that's around the corner) and then we'll re-evaluate to see how things are going.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky Stanley!!! Have you gotten in touch wuth the Mother's Milk Bank there?

    ReplyDelete