Thursday, April 25, 2013

Food Horizons

Here he is eating chicken curry with rice.

Our boy is growing. He is crawling and standing...before we know it he'll be walking. He is also expanding his food horizons. He was eating a lot of purees like squash, sweet potato, pears and peas but then he would see us eating our dinner or lunch or breakfast and he would get this look on his face as if to say, "Wh, what's that you got there? You gonna share some of that? I want what you're eating!" So we've started feeding him "table" food. In the mornings I will mostly feed him oatmeal with yogurt and some kind of fruit. He still really likes yogurt and I will sometimes give him that with mango which he devours. He will also still eat avocado without complaint. I just scoop it right out of the skin, no need to mash it anymore. More recently he has eaten meat - chicken. Mike made a crock pot chicken, potato, carrot curry surprise (we never know what our crock pot meals are going to taste like) and the bear ate it up. I just broke the carrots and potato up a bit with a spoon and the chicken just fell apart - it was so tender, we served that to him over brown rice. I made a beluga lentil, sweet potato, carrot (the orange colors with the black lentils were beautiful) and kale soup with some orzo pasta and cinnamon and he ate that up too. I love that he is enjoying these different flavors. Mike made a big batch of burrito filling mainly with black beans but he put some hot sauce in there so it was slightly spicy and Stan Bear ate that up too. I fed that to him with some avocado. We went out to our favorite burger place in town and sat the Bear in a high chair (I love that he can sit in a high chair now.) I brought him some Happy Puffs but also gave him bits of my bun and the soft inner parts of the french fries. A lot of it wound up on the floor but he enjoyed eating out with us. He really likes feeding himself too - I think he prefers that to being spoon fed.

1 comment:

  1. I remember Sean liking finger foods or maybe it was me that was lazy and it was easier. Great that he is digesting all the variety of foods you are giving him!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete