Sunday, April 21, 2013

Teething Pain Peak

The tail of this toy has water in it. We freeze it and he loves chewing on it. He didn't enjoy chewing on it much with his earlier teeth but now he really digs it.
Toward the end of our Cali trip the Bear was acting unusual. He was fussier than usual (he's usually happy-go-lucky) and he seemed to be experiencing separation anxiety. The day after we got back to NC I took him to daycare (I had to wake him from his slumber to get him there though and he wasn't happy about it.) Our daycare lady, K, called around 10:30 am telling me that he wasn't himself and he wasn't eating, drinking or sleeping. I told her that I could come on my lunch to breastfeed him if he still wasn't eating by then. He finally did eat and drink and sleep but he was still extra fussy that day. I had him to myself on Friday and he took his normal naps but was fussier than usual...he would cry if I sat him on the ground, in his high chair, exersaucer...he cried when he woke from naps (he usually wakes up with a smile.) I decided that it was teething pain and chose to give him ibuprofen for some needed relief. About 30 minutes later he returned to being the smiley little fella that I know. He played for over an hour in the living room without fuss until he got tired and I put him down for a nap. He woke up crying though. I took him outside for a walk and that made him happy - I think he must've had a bad dream or something??? It's so hard to know. It's so frustrating not knowing what the cries are for. I've read about how people can interpret their baby's cries. I have no clue. Maybe I need to polish up my listening skills. I have to take in his actions too. Is he rubbing his eyes? (most likely he's tired.) Is he crawling and reaching for me? (hungry or dirty diaper.) That's a new thing that he's doing: he crawls and tries to climb up on me when his diaper is dirty...he doesn't really crycry. It's neat to see him communicating in any way he can! The following couple of days after the dose of ibuprofen he seems to have gotten better in the teeth pain department although he is still moaning in his sleep, poor Bear.


UPDATE: As of April 11th teeth number 7 and 8 are currently cutting through his bottom gums on either side of his bottom, front teeth. I'm looking forward to this teething business to be done with. 

1 comment:

  1. It's seems to me that you ARE listening and watchin quite well....Akibear is lucky to have you as his mama.

    ReplyDelete