Thursday, April 4, 2013

Warm Fuzzies


The other evening I was nursing the Bear and the subtle evening light was kissing his face through the dark window shade. He pulled away and I covered myself back up. He lay there talking away, obviously not tired. Then he started to fuss and I tried to comfort him to no avail. I then offered him more milk and he calmed down and started to drink but then pushed away gently to look up at me - right in the eyes - and smiled the loveliest smile. I smiled back and said, "You were still hungry weren't you?" He went back to nursing for not even 3 seconds and he gently pushed away again and looked up with that same smile as if to say "thank you" or "you understand me!" or something. I smiled back and he, unabashed, continued looking at me and smiling. It's one of those instances that I wish I could've caught on camera but at the same time it's one of those precious moments that I alone will get to experience. I have his softly lit face, his twinkling eyes and his contagious smile and thankful spirit locked in my brain files for me to call up anytime I am in dire need of a warm fuzzy.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful! I hope you combine all of your lovely posts and turn it into the best Mommy book ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. when i was on maternity leave i started compiling the pregnancy portion of the blog...haven't touched it since! my plan is to do a book for each year. i need to get on it!!!

      Delete
  2. Erin, This is so beautiful!!!! I love how you described it, I love your experience and of course I have tears in my eyes!!

    ReplyDelete