Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cooking

Stan Bear loves to watch me and Mike cook. Here he is looking in the oven as a quiche is baking:

He definitely gets the term "Hot", thankfully. Here he is pointing in the oven:
When I have something on the stove top he wants to help me stir it. I do let him although he is getting good at getting food ON the spoon and flinging it everywhere, so that doesn't happen so much anymore. I'll stick him in our hiking backpack and he will watch me chop, stir, sauté, boil and mince.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you involve him with so much that you do. Our kids love to help in the kitchen also. When they were really little I would let them do things without utensils like tear the lettuce for salad or wash the veggies. As they got older they got to do a bit more. I saw a website that had cool kitchen tools for little hands. I wish I had known about it when my kids were little. They would have loved it. Stanley is still a bit young but maybe in a year or so. Here is the link: http://www.tuvie.com/kitchen-kids-a-series-of-kitchen-tools-for-children/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, tiff! and thank you for sharing that site! those tools look great!

      Delete