Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Words and Signs

 
Here he is trying to put on Papa's hat and probably trying to say the word "hat".

Words he can say or kinda say:
BALL : mostly pronounced: Bahh(l)
PAPA : mostly pronounced: BAba!
MAMA : Mama!
KITTY : ts ts ts
CHICKEN : ts 
TRUCK : CHUHH!
SHOE : Shhh
DUCK : djuh
DOG : djah
MEOW : sometimes with coaching: YOW!
WOOF : voof voof
CHOO CHOO : chuhchuh!
HORSE SOUND : "shakes head back and forth" 
YUM : mmmmmmmmm
HOT : hah hah hah (breathy)
HAT : hah
BYE-BYE : Ba-bye (he said this to Jane for the first time on Sunday!)

Signs he can make:
MILK
DIAPER (this is a new one!)
MORE
HELP (although he uses the sign for more for help, but I understand what he's saying under the circumstances we are in at the time)
ALL DONE
HOT

Directions he will take or sentences he will appropriately respond to:
Put the truck(or other item) on the shelf.
Put the ball(or other item) in the bucket.
 Give me your plate/bowl.
Let's find cowstar.
Pick out a book to read.
Where's your pacifier?
Bring me my shoes.
Bring me your shoes.
Where is your nose?
Where is my nose?
Put this on my nose.
Put this on your nose.
Do you want to go outside?
Let's look for rocks.

Gosh, there are probably way more of these as he understands way more than he speaks at this point. This is a fun stage.

He is constantly "talking", it's really cute. Here is a clip of him and his talking...I love his intonations...it really sounds like he is saying actual words...he's saying something, I just don't know what it is (I could guess...) Use a soft focus as the room is a disaster:

jibberjabber from erin kawamata on Vimeo.

Here he is saying hat (haah):

1 comment:

  1. It seems like in one video he was saying hot when he did the sign for hot...Yeah it does sound like he is saying stuff..great expression!!

    ReplyDelete