Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Bad and the Good

Here are some annoying things people have said to me since I've been pregnant:
With bulging eyes: "You're not supposed to be carrying that low so early on."
"It's too early for you to have your belly button sticking out like that."
"You are big for how far along you are."
"How are we supposed to know what to get it if we don't know the gender?"
"I know this is probably inappropriate but you sure started showing quickly."
"You can't do that, it would be too strenuous for you."
"Are you going to make it to June?"
"You're carrying really low."
"Hi Mom."
And just to balance things out, here are some nice things people have said:
"Erin, you're a cute pregnant lady."
"Hey little Mama!" (This is similar to the "Hi Mom" that I don't like, I think it just depends on who is saying it. Strange, I know.)
"Can I touch your belly?" (This is better than someone just touching me without warning - I imagine - that hasn't happened yet!)
"Congratulations!"
"You're gonna be a good mama." I responded, "I'm gonna try!" He said, "No, you're gonna be a good mama because you have a good heart." 

I'm sure there are loads more good things that people have said but you tend to get perturbed and remember the annoying things.





No comments:

Post a Comment