Saturday, April 14, 2012

Code Word Brazil

Mike and I came up with our first code word. 
BRAZIL
In our last birthing class we watched another graphic birthing video where one of the other dad's almost threw up while watching it. HA! It's really one of those amazing things where you are squeamish but then once the baby is out you get very happy/emotional. The video was filmed of squatting births in Brazil. Let's just say that gravity seems extremely helpful in birthing.

One of the things we talked about in class was breathing in a way that you wouldn't be able to push. There are times when pushing can be bad. Pushing=tearing of lady parts. Ouch. So if you blow rather than clenching teeth you won't push and you will be able to breath through it and resist that urge.  Apparently there is a moment in transition where you have this undying urge to push. I can see doing that and I told Mike that he needs to say, "Don't push because you might tear." and he said, "I don't want to say that because I don't want to bring in these negative ideas in your head." (How sensitive and thoughtful is he?) and I said, "But I want to know these things. I want the facts and the facts will help me." and he said, "I feel like if I bring a negative word into the room that it will more likely happen." and I said, "What if you just say, 'Think Brazil.' " and he said, "Brazil." and I said, "Brazil." These women in this video weren't pushing really, and these babies flew out like cannon balls - I'm serious. It was amazing. I bet when the time comes and Mike says "Brazil" I'll respond, "Brazil? Brazil?! Why are you thinking of Brazil at a time like this!?" Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment