Thursday, April 19, 2012

Namestorm


Mike has asked me 3 times in the last 3 days if I have thought of any names. I told him my top four. He was o.k. with 3 of them. I asked him what his favorites were and he couldn't think of any. Sunday night we lay in bed and started really throwing out all kinds of names and at one point I got up to get a piece of paper and a pen because I didn't want to forget any of the ones we agreed upon. We disagree on a lot of names but we have a pretty solid, yet minimal, list of names we are both O.K. with. We are...or maybe I should say, I am getting closer to a name combination that I love, not quite though. I had a dream about a nick name that stems from two names put together. I can't wait to share our funny list after the babe is born and has a name. A coworker told me that I should choose a name now so that I can call the baby that now, while in utero, but a) I don't have a name that I love love love yet and b) I feel like meeting the little wonder will help me to decide what it should be called. One of Mike's pieces of advice was to pick a name that you don't mind yelling over and over. So I've been going around the house yelling names and putting them into sentences like, "________ get over here, now!" and "________ you have to eat your peas and carrots!" Haaha! Before Mike and I called our brainstorming session quits I sat up put my hands on my belly and said each name to see if I would get a reaction. NOTHING. So I don't think we've found anything appropriate yet. All I know for sure is, I can't wait to meet you, whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment