Thursday, April 12, 2012

Check Up/Check In

I had my monthly check up yesterday. She showed me my gestational diabetes number. It was 117. I don't know what that means other than it is good and I don't have gestational diabetes! I have gained a total of 27.6 pounds since the start of my pregnancy. My uterus measures (from my pubic bone to the top of my uterus) 29 cm. which is also good. The midwife (who is a new one, to me, is very nice. So far all the midwives have been great and I can imagine them helping me on the birth-day.) She said that I have a really long torso and that it will help me feel more comfortable in my final trimester. Yay for long torsos (and short legs)! The baby's heart rate was in the 150s which is good. I love hearing that little swooshy heartbeat. She was able to FEEL THE BABY'S POSITION! She could feel where it's head and butt were located. The wee one is upside down and facing me...which is a perfect birthing position but I'm sure this position will change between now and then as babies in the womb like to mix it up. The midwife gave me loads of handouts: a breastfeeding book, a breastfeeding class schedule (the WBWC offers a free class!), a pediatrician list, emergency/fast labor how-to(if It comes on so quick we have it at home or in the car or on the sidewalk.), placenta encapsulation info (this is really interesting, I will write more about it I'm sure.), a list of things to have at home come 36 weeks....and I think that is it. LOTS of information. I need to start a check off list and tape it to the front door otherwise we will forget EVERYTHING. My check ups have been monthly but now we are moving to 2 week check ups. Mike is going to go with me to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment