Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sci-Fi Slap Shots and Pirouettes

I just experienced the most sci-fi-ish movement yet. I was lying in bed on my left side and I felt a movement - the baby was pushing down onto the bed through the side of my belly...strange. So I wedged my hand in between my belly and the bed and that's when I felt the most solid, fleshy, veiny, bony move yet - I felt this with my own hand. I don't know what baby part it was but it pushed/rolled hard enough that I could feel the skin layers of my belly (sort of a veiny texture) and the hardness of the baby's bone. WACKY. It actually made me jump, like in a scary movie when you get startled. O.K. back to bed to experience some more wacky roly poly dance moves by the wriggler. (We watched one of the hockey play off games this afternoon with some friends and then I went to see the Carolina Ballet perform in Raleigh - maybe the baby was attempting a slap shot or a pirouette.)

No comments:

Post a Comment