Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day Care Nerves

We found an in-home day care for Aki Burrito. He will begin in December, three days a week and I'm already a mess! One thing that comforts me is that our friend Suganya will have her daughter Kavi in the same day care for she is the one that found it and told us about it (Thank you!! Load off our backs!)
Here are Kavi and Stan (when he couldn't hold up his floppy head), soon to be BFFs! Gosh, looking at this picture makes me want to have a little girl! (Just kidding Mike! hahaha!)....(but really, it does.)

It is in Chapel Hill. The woman watches up to 4 children at a time max and she's super flexible and we're only paying $600 a month (Hallelujah!) If we change to full time it would be $850 a month. Mike, Stanley and I went to visit/interview her and she seems like a really nice woman. She's been doing this for 20 years. She had a long list of references to boot...which is comforting. A background check was done too; she's clean as a whistle. (I hope she's not reading this because I sound like I'm majorly paranoid.) It's true, I'm paranoid. When we left I saw a man in her driveway (her husband) and I thought to myself, "Who is that strange man?! Why is he here in the driveway?" I guess it's better to be paranoid than ignorantly, carefree and absent.

No matter how lovely the caretaker may be it just breaks my heart that he'll be spending many of his days with her and not with me, his Mama! I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket after work so I can stay home with my boy. (Plus if we won the lottery Mike would O.K. the "having the little girl" daydream and turn it into a reality...just kidding.  Sort of.)

2 comments:

  1. Is it getting too stressful for Mike to take care of Akibear? I can imagine how paranoid you must be. It sounds like you did everything you could to make it a safe environment for wee Stanley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to go back to work full time. So, we're just setting this up in case of that. Plus, when I do go back full time come January (for sure) we thought having a part time care taker would be nice 2-3 times per week.

      Delete