Monday, May 27, 2013

Nicknames


I realized that we call the Bear a lot of things. I think our nephew said to his mom something like, in an exasperated tone, "What is his real name? Everyone calls him a bunch of different things!" Ha! The obvious nicknames are Stan, Stan(ley) Bear, Aki, Aki Bear, Aki Burrito, the Bear. I noticed the other day that we call him things related to what he may be currently doing, say like, Grabby, Jumpy or Jumpy McJumperton, Crawly (what has changed into Matthew Crawley, from Downton Abbey!), Screamy, Bubbles, Pinchy. One from the earlier days was Squawky which we changed to Squawky Bear.  Kicky, Squirmy or Squirm Worm. I could go on and on. I've also referred to him as my son a lot lately and it still feels so new. I have a son! - that's what I think when calling him that. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment