Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Positive Side of 5:30 AM

So, The Bear sleeps through the night now...it's been about 3 weeks now where he sleeps anywhere from 9 to 11 hours. He goes to bed anywhere between 6:45 PM AND 8 PM. His average bedtime is 7 PM. No matter what time he goes to sleep he wakes up between 5:30 AM and 6 AM. More often than not it's around 5:42ish AM. That's sooooo early for me. I could do six but would prefer 7. I tried pushing his wake up to 6 AM by not nursing him until it turned 6 AM but that is painful (I'm exhausted and he is mobile and AWAKE.) So I nurse him because I can sort of sleep while doing that. Usually he takes his first nap a couple of hours later - which makes me think he should really be sleeping a couple of more hours. He get's really cuddly and sleepy between 6:30 AM and 7. I embrace the cuddles because I have a feeling he won't want to cuddle when he's 8 years old (or before that.) So bring on the adorable early morning cuddles where it seems like he is hungover and just throws himself on me all squirmy and floppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment