Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I LOVE...


I LOVE checking in on him when he is asleep to see him so peaceful and to see what sort of position he is in (one of those video monitors would be fun afterall!)

I LOVE watching him discover things - seeing the white flowers on the tree in the yard, watching the Koi Flag (Boys Day Flag) Fly in the air, dipping his face in water, touching a blueberry for the first time and tasting it. Such wonder.

I LOVE watching him learn how to communicate. One of the funniest thing is when I say, "Do you want some milk?" If he is on the other side of the room he'll crawl to me. If he is in my lap already he'll smile at me and if he has his pacifier in his mouth he'll spit it out and then smile. If I'm not fast enough de-bra-ing he'll start suckling on my belly (my belly is like a plump third breast...)  So he understands the words milk, up, kitty. I think he knows who Papa is and he knows he is Stanley. I think he knows what "come here" means. He reaches for things that he wants to be near or touch, like the tree branches or flags or ceiling fans or kitty. He shakes his head no when he's done eating, (most of the time.)

I LOVE watching him smile and laugh. He's such a joyful little guy. He laughed so heartily the other night while he was sitting up that he fell backwards.

I LOVE watching him see dogs on our walks because he flaps his arms in excitement and swings his feet in enthusiasm.


1 comment:

  1. How special to appreciate all that he does!!!
    I hope you have a video of him laughing...if not, I will imagine it....I miss him and you so.
    ooma

    ReplyDelete