Thursday, July 5, 2012

All Nighters

Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 4PM EST

We've had a couple of all nighters now. I'm still not having true labor contractions - irregular - they should come at a steady rhythm, get longer and more painful. It's such a strange thing to hope for more painful contractions but it is what we want in order to continue on in a positive path to get this little guy evicted from hotel uterus. Like I said in the post "Preliminary Signs" taking a shower or bath, or sitting up throws things off. The last midwife I spoke with said that in true labor something like a bath will not throw things off. True labor is like a freight train - nothing can get in it's way. So apparently I'm riding a trolley and need to get off and get a ticket for that freight train. CHOO CHOO!

Mike is hanging in there. He is pooped as am I. We took a long nap today to prepare for another long night. It's so easy to feel doubtful and frustrated - more so when we are exhausted. I'm reminding myself that women have done this since the beginning of time. Women really are tough - I admire us.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Erin...that doesn't sound like fun. Something to remember... false labor can still help with dilation (it did for me). Maybe all these irregular contractions are just getting you closer to the big day. Maybe when real labor starts you will be almost at the finish line. :)

    ReplyDelete