Saturday, July 28, 2012

Worst Thing in the World, No. 1


I'm convinced that one of the worst things in the world is hearing a baby cry. Especially when you don't know what is wrong with him. His diaper is dry and clean, he just ate and won't eat any more, you burp him, swaddle him, sing to him, bounce him around, nada. I'm currently letting him "cry it out" which is tormenting. It sounds like he's losing his voice...not only a cry but now a raspy cry. It's been 3 minutes now. I've given him and myself 5 minutes. It's hard not to go to him. Poor guy. One more minute and I'll pick him up. The longest minute in the world.
____________

God Bless America, his diaper was wet. I swear he pees every 5-10 minutes. Now he's swaddled and in my arms and I'm singing him "God Bless America". Let's see if he goes down now. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment