Friday, July 20, 2012

This Isn't Easy

I've heard it before. Parenting is hard. I heard it but didn't really hear it. What did I think people meant when they said that? They usually also said after saying it was hard that it is amazing as well. I'm not there yet. I'm still on the hard part. I'm not in love, I day dream of my past life while I sit up in bed in the middle of the night nursing this wee human. Don't get me wrong I have love for this little guy. He's adorable and new. It's just harder than I ever thought it could be. I have much respect for all of the parents out there. I have even more respect for those who have more than one....or might I ask, what were you thinking?! Ha!

4 comments:

  1. All I can say is...it gets better. I had those same feelings after I had Natalie. Your life just feels so upside down and the sleep deprivation doesn't help. Your birth story also makes this part of your journey harder. You had such a long, long labor. Lean on those willing to help and always sleep when you can. This stage will pass. Actually, it is odd but when your kids get big you will often dream of the days you got to spend cuddling them. Even all the sleepless nights seemed so worth it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beautiful
    With you every step of the way there with that last post... it is hard, there is no denying it, and it is amazing... eventually! But the first few weeks/months I found just hard hard hard. Being so tired already when Stanley was born, the birth not going the way you thought it might etc, all contribute. Even with near perfect circumstances I just found it the toughest time ever.
    I'll call you once I'm back in Shangers... e mail me your number one of these days gorgeous.
    xxx Love to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks k. i'll email you my #. i hope you're having a blast in crete!

      Delete