Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chocolate, Dark Chocolate

http://www.gastroweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/whiskey-chocolate-brownies-by-FotoosVanRobin-at-flickr.jpg
Mike called from school the other day asking if I wanted him to bring any snacks home from this Art History reception they were having. He said there were fresh mozzerella balls with kalamata olives and sweets too. Usually, the unpregnant me, would jump on those mozz balls and olives in an instant but my reply was, "SWEETS!" He brought home some mozz and olives but also about 5 coconut macaroons, a shortbread chocolate cookie and this amazing dark chocolate caramel wafer cookie. SO GOOD.

The other day I was in a coworker's office, who always has two mugs full of chocolates on his desk. Usually I can walk out of there empty handed but I grabbed a Rolo and a peanut butter cup. They were delicious but all they really did was tease my craving. After work I got some dark chocolate fudge brownie mix and ingredients for chocolate sauce (to dip pineapple chunks into....those were delicious, Sally!!! I can't get that dessert out of my head!) I made the brownies and while they were still warm I cut them up and put them over several scoops of Almond Breeze ice cream (which is dairy free and might I add, delicious...especially with chewy, warm, fudge brownies on top!!)

Basically, I'm craving chocolate...especially of the dark chocolate variety. Which is funny, because I was more of a savory kind of gal before I started making this human from scratch.  My prediction is that this is going to be one sweet baby.

Get the recipe for those brownies in the picture above here: http://www.gastroweekly.com/2012/02/19/amazing-dark-chocolate-brownies/

No comments:

Post a Comment