Friday, March 2, 2012

First Time Grandparents

This will be the first grandbaby for my sweet parents and the 5th for Mike's sweet parents. I had this grand plan on how to break the news to my parents. They would receive two envelopes. They would open one first which had a hand drawn family tree with the new addition and then they'd open envelope number two in which there would be the 11.5 week sonogram. It didn't happen quite as I planned.  I wish that a) I was patient enough for the special package in the mail to arrive at my parents mailbox as I intended and b) I wish someone was there (like Jen) to catch their reactions on video, just like she did with her (and Mike's!) parents. Alas, I didn't have patience for my parents to receive their sonogram surprise and the family tree that I sketched up with the new addition. I sent it priority on a Saturday. Monday came and went Tuesday almost came and went but I HAD to spill the beans otherwise I would have exploded. The package didn't actually arrive until Thursday. Anyhow. They were over the moon with the news. I'm excited for them to meet this new branch on the Kawamata/Beatty tree. Here is the tree I drew for them:

No comments:

Post a Comment