Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hiking and Beachcombing

Here we are in front of a Taro patch in the Iao Valley. L-R: Auntie June, Mom and me.

We went on two hikes on Sunday. One through the Iao Valley up to some Taro patches. We could see the Iao Needle from there. There were guavas and kukui nuts and bananas. It was the sweetest smelling trail I've ever hiked. I quietly sang a song to myself about the jungle and the sweet smells and wished that I could share my sense of smell with the little cherub in my belly.


Then we beachcombed along Waihe'e Beach(sea glass! lava rocks!) and up a trail to some old ruins and out to a bluff where a freshwater stream met the ocean. It was loud (crashing waves) and gorgeous. I laid down with my feet dangling over the edge of the bluff and the baby kicked hard. I wondered if it could hear crashing waves. Mike and I love love love to walk on beaches and collect shells and rocks. I bet the wee one will follow in our footsteps. No pressure tho, little friend.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment