Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dear Bladder, I Apologize Ahead of Time

The baby in my belly is not quite this big yet but I thought this was a good illustration of what a 3rd Trimester baby can do to a lady's bladder. Ayayay.

In the first Trimester the baby sits low in your abdomen causing you to urinate more often. When the 2nd Trimester rolls along the baby lifts out of the lower part of your belly and relieves the bladder a little; I definitely noticed the change because I wasn't getting up as frequently in the middle of the night. Now, I think the baby is what they call "dropping." Only because my pee frequency has gone up again, after a nice long 2nd Trimester break of not having to get up 3-4 times every night to pee, I now feel like I have to pee more often but when I do it's a trickle...not every time, but most of the time. You can read more about peeing and pregnancy here. UPDATE: Now that I've written the above I actually slept through the night the other night without getting up to pee! So, I don't know.

Image from: http://blogs.babble.com/being-pregnant/2011/10/28/10-things-to-know-about-peeing-and-pregnancy/

No comments:

Post a Comment