Friday, March 23, 2012

Gestational Diabetes Test

 
As I told you here, I drank some red fruit punch flavored "glucola" last Monday and had my blood drawn an hour later to test and see if I had acquired Gestational Diabetes. It's been over a week now and I have yet to receive a call, so I guess my blood work looked good. I must say I was a little scared. It was my first day back to work after vacation and I was very tired. So, earlier in the day I drank a sugary, carbonated, caffeinated drink, (I know, Dad, baaad.) Later on I ate a delicious orange. Then while eating my second orange I was reading the directions on the glucola bottle and it said, "Don't eat sugary foods before your test: no sodas, no sugary cereals, no donuts, etc." I gave the rest of my orange to Ali and then chugged the sweet sugar solution. I thought for sure they would be calling me because of the fruit and (baaad) soda that I drank beforehand. Apparently my body can process sugar efficiently because all is well. No Gestational Diabetes for me! Hooray!

Infographic from: http://mereanarchy.com/stoppers-obesity-articles-in-america/

No comments:

Post a Comment