Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Emotions Collide

http://www.nolablissborn.com/uploads/7/1/6/6/7166357/1359752.jpg?326
Monday night we attended our first birthing class at the WBWC. Our instructor has been a birthing teacher for years and is a retired midwife. There are six couples in the class including us. It seems to be a pretty diverse group and they all live in or around the Triangle. In tonight's class we talked about what we wanted to get out of the class, what our ideal birth/birth-setting looks like, we did a brief relaxation exercise and also watched a video which showed three births: a home birth, a birth-center birth and a hospital birth. All I know is I am glad my head is where it is and not at my feet and I won't blame Mike if he stays at my shoulders the entire time. How INTENSE AND AMAZING. There were moments in watching the videos where I felt a little nauseous and right after that sensation I felt a huge sense of joy. Two completely different emotions colliding. I will try and write more details about the class or just give a once a week update on the classes as they go on. I'm still recovering from jetlag!

Image from: http://www.nolablissborn.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment