Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Miracle, A Wonder



Pregnancy. Some people say it's miraculous. It is. If you think about it. All I'm doing is eating and feeling mild discomfort and my body is putting together this little wonder in my uterus. The last few days I have been feeling cramps, they have felt like menstrual cramps and some more like ligament pain. Of course, worrywart me, get's anxious. Yesterday was better than the day before. Today I feel better than  yesterday. Throughout the cramps the baby has been moving. It kicked me in the bladder two times a couple of nights ago (AMAZING). I went pee shortly after those bladder kicks. Aaah, relief. My body tells me when I'm hungry, when to eat my second breakfast. My body tells me when to pee, when to lie down, when to sleep. It gives me signs (like cramping) so that I take a closer look to what is happening: Do I also have back pain? Am I spotting? Do I have gas? It gives me signs, through the baby, of movement which makes me happy and hopeful. I assist my body by eating good food, drinking water, rubbing oil on my belly, thinking positively (through my worry), and being in tune with my miraculous body. Before I became pregnant I watched the documentary, "The Business of Being Born." It is a great documentary about midwives and home birthing. I highly recommend it. One of the midwives in that film says something like, the body knows more than she or any doctor can know. I believe it. Our bodies are marvelous wonders. 


Image from: postimage.org

1 comment: