Monday, March 19, 2012

Tests

Doesn't this hemoglobin structure look like ribbon on a birthday present!? So pretty. From Wikipedia: Structure of human hemoglobin. The protein's α and β subunits are in red and blue, and the iron-containing heme groups in green.
Last Monday at my monthly appointment I had to drink "glucola" this awfully sweet fruit punch flavored sugar solution and then exactly an hour later they drew blood to test it for gestational diabetes. I will write more on that later (no results yet, or maybe the results are good because no news is good news. They will only call me if they need to do a second test to confirm I have it. Cross your fingers that I don't have G.D.) They also tested for anemia and my hemoglobin looked good! Hooray! I was sorta worried about that one as I've been anemic in the past. It must be all that saimin I ate while in Maui. HA! If only saimin solved all life's problems....or mochi, maybe it was the millk chocolate & peanut butter mochi? Yeah, I bet that's what it was.
Or maybe the hemoglobin looks a little like these saimin noodles.

2 comments:

  1. My mouth still waters when I think about the milk chocolate & peanut butter mochi!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yum, i know. my parents sent me some dark chocolate ones in the mail. yummmers.

      Delete