Monday, December 24, 2012

First Christmas: What to Get?


Many people have asked me things like, "What are you getting the baby for Christmas?" or made statements like, "I bet you're going to spoil the baby for his first Christmas!" Unfortunately my answer is very Scrooge-like and I have said, "Nothing." or "We're not getting him anything." That's not totally true. We'll get him some more diaper covers and some 9-month sized clothes as he is growing out of the 6 month sizes quickly but I'm definitely not wrapping those things up.
Bah humbug. 
Money that we have received may go towards these things but we may just put it in his savings account.

Actually, what I may do is wrap a small box, just big enough for him to grab, filled with...air or tissue paper, wrapped with a brown paper bag and a home-made pom-pom yarn bow for him to hold on Christmas day. I'm sure he will literally eat it up. It'll be the best, cheapest present on earth. I will take a before and after picture of it because I'm sure it will look like some drooling, drunk got his hands on a present and couldn't figure out an easy way to open it up. Happy Christmas, Merry Hannukah, Belated Bodhi Day to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Little babies have no idea about Christmas...so you are right not getting him things..and I know you will purchase things that he needs like you said...You have it right about babies and little kids liking the wrapping and the boxes better than any old gift. You are right on and you should not feel like a grinch, just a practical mama.

    ReplyDelete