Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sleep Challenge, Part V

I started Phase 2 from the No Cry Sleep Solution book several weeks ago. This is what Phase 2 says:
Phase Two: Baby's Settled and Sleepy
Sit in your chair and rock, nurse, or bottle-feed Baby until she's settled and sleepy, but not yet falling asleep. Play your sleep-cue music or sounds. Put her in her crib, pat or touch her, and say your key words until she's asleep. If she wakes and cries, pick her up and repeat this process. You may have to do this two, three, four, maybe five time, but that's OK. If you or your baby get upset at any point, just go ahead and put her to sleep in your usual way. As in Phase One, she will become more comfortable with your new routine and will go to sleep. When you feel that your new routine is working, go on to Phase Three.
 
I think I see improvements but let's chart it!

 

















Whompwhompwhomp. Looks like the rolling waters of a puddle at sunset. The longest span he slept was for 4 hours and 15 minutes! Woohoo! (I probably only slept for 2 of those hours.)

Here's what the last Phase One chart looked like for comparison:
Doesn't look like much difference...although I must say we are inching towards longer sleep spans...but sooo slowly. Honestly, I'm getting lazy about this sleep solution thing. I have slacked off some nights and fallen asleep while nursing. We'll see if I continue this. I have decided not to do the cry it out routine. Can't. Especially now that he's sprouting teeth.
 
I also must say that sleep is so important. I wrote "sleep shmeep" in my post about daycare and napping but really sleep is needed but not to be overdone. If I'm not well rested I say the craziest things and think crazy thoughts. I get frustrated more easily in situations that I normally can handle - no problem. I'm not going to even type some of the things I have said as I don't want Social Services to come knocking on my door. Thank goodness for naps and a good support system (Mike and friends). The village helps me stay in a sane and healthy place.

To add another challenge into the sleep-pot, he is feeling the wrath of teething. Poor fella. He goes bananas on his chew toys or our fingers, thrashing his head back and forth while something is in his mouth (like a puppydog!) I must say that baby teeth are serrated and SHARP. Owie. No biting on the nips yet but can tell he has teeth. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment